Pacquiao breaks training partner’s nose in sparring

from: abs-cbnnews.com

If the broken nose of Manny Pacquiao's training partner is an indication of his readiness to fight Mexico’s Antonio Margarito on November 13, then the Fighter of the Decade is ready to rumble, according to his boxing coach.

Freddie Roach said the Filipino superstar actually sent one of his training partners packing by breaking his nose during one of their sparring sessions last week.

“Manny broke his nose so he’s out,” the trainer said in a report by Philboxing.com's Eddie Alinea. “I pity him (training partner). Actually I know him having been recommended by one of my boys here. I don’t want to mention his name because I don’t want to hurt the feeling of the guy.”

Roach said the sparring partner was an African-American who recently joined their camp. He was among the boxers helping Pacquiao prepare against the taller Margarito.

“His (Pacquiao's) performance in sparring only means, he’s ready to fight to win. Manny will knock him (Margarito) out,” the Hall-of-Fame trainer said.

On Tuesday (Wednesday in Manila), Pacquiao sparred 9 rounds with training partners Rashad Halloway, David Rodela and Rey Beltran at the Wild Card Gym.

Gaya ng dati, hindi ko sila bibiguin. Muli ay iniaalay ko sa kanila ang labang ito. (Just like in the past, I will never let my fans down. Again, I dedicate this fight to them),” Pacquiao said.

“I’m almost there and if the fight is gonna be held this weekend, I’ll be 100% okay,” said Pacquiao.

Ayos na ako. Pakisabi lang sa ating mga kababayan na huwag silang mag-alaala sa mga balitang half-hearted ang ensayo ko. (I’m already OK. Please tell our compatriots not to worry about reports I’m being half-hearted in my training.),” he added.

Roach couldn’t agree more.

No comments:

Post a Comment