Arum: Pacquiao, Margarito to brawl at full strength

from: abs-cbnnews.com

MANILA, Philippines – Bob Arum, the promoter of Manny Pacquiao and Antonio Margarito, is confident that the fighters will be armed with optimum might when they face off on November 13 (November 14 in Manila).

“I think both fighters will come in at full strength,” Arum said in a report by David A. Avila ofTheSweetScience.com.

Mexico’s Margarito, who has 38 wins (with 27 knockouts), 6 losses
and 1 no contest, is in the thick of training in Oxnard, California.


The Mexican is a former World Boxing Association (WBA), World Boxing Organization (WBO) and International Boxing Federation (IBF) welterweight king.

“I know Margarito is in great shape,” added Arum.

Pacquiao, the reigning World Boxing Organization (WBO), has 51 wins (with 38 KOs), 3 losses and 2 draws.

The 7-division world champion and Sarangani Province congressman is training in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California.

The Mexican pugilist and Filipino boxing icon will slug it out at the Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Arum the star

Arum, meantime, also commented about his popularity in the Philippines.

“Everybody in the Philippines knows me,” he said of his recent visit to Pacquiao’s country.

“Wherever I go, people want to talk to me. I have to sneak out or else I get caught up in a wave of people,” he noted.

He said the same happens to Pacquiao’s coach, four-time Trainer of the Year recipient Freddie Roach.

Arum is the founder and CEO of Top Rank, Inc. The Harvard-educated lawyer is a Hall of Fame boxing promoter. – With a report from TheSweetScience.com

No comments:

Post a Comment